Interior of the St. Ignatius Catholic Mission Church
The fabulous murals in this church were painted by Brother Joseph Carigano, an Italian Jesuit who was the Mission cook for many years. Brother Carigano had no formal training in art.
At the behest of Salish American Indians, Father DeSmet, a Catholic Missionary, established the St. Ignatius Mission in 1854.
The construction of the current building was started in 1891.
This is a 7 exposure HDR. Natural light through stained glass. The fluorescent lights were off.
The St. Ignatius Church is in need of repairs and constant maintenance. To help preserve and maintain this beautiful, historic and much beloved church, the proceeds of all print sales of the St. Ignatius Catholic Church will be donated to the repair & maintenance fund.
Categories & Keywords
Category:Architecture and Structures
Keywords:Brother Joseph Carigano, Catholic, Mission, Montana, St. Ignatius, church, interior, murals, paintings